Friday, October 20, 2006

Pure Poetry

Someone sent me this poem last week, and I thought I would share it here, since so many of you continue to ask what you can do to promote peace. While the author asked that her name not be revealed, she gave permission for me -- and anyone -- to share/forward as you wish.

Talking Points

Yes, I want to cut and run
I want to cut all ties to casual cruelty
and run toward reason, humanity's arms.

I want to cut through pain and politics
religion and revenge
and run a stream of healing through
this gaping, gasping wound.

I want to cut into this parched landscape
and run a current of compassion
into its dead heart.

I want to pick up all the splintered pieces
and pull out all the choking weeds
and give my hands to restoration and
redemption.

I want to cut out every charred and
blood-soaked image
of dishonor, dismembered
I want to run with warmer winds
straight into peace
and purpose.

- Author Unrevealed (by request)

No comments: