Wednesday, May 31, 2006

In Good Company

Without question, the most gratifying part of having authored The Difference a Day Makes: 365 Ways to Change Your World in Just 24 Hours is the arena of remarkable, compassionate people I've been privileged to meet and work among. For example, Difference is currently paired for discount purchase on Amazon.com with the recently released Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Fight Terrorism and Build Nations . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson. Greg builds schools in troubled regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan, and he was kind enough to provide remarks for the "Thoughts That Count" quotations that appear throughout Difference. Among his contributions: "When I look into the eyes of the children in Afghanistan and Pakistan, I see my own children. I think that the greatest thing we can do for all of them is to leave them a legacy of peace. This is what motivates me." Greg is one of the most inspiring people I've ever had the pleasure to know. Read more about him here.

No comments: